Saturday 18 February 2017

WE WILL ROCK YOU PERFORMANCE (GC4)

GC4- Overall I am very happy with my performance in We Will Rock You, on and off cast. When playing Brit, I had confidence and flair about me and my character, showing an intimate relationship with Meat whilst involving the audience in the song I Want It All. I made sure to make eye contact as much as possible and get really close to the front row, smiling and looking at members I knew and didn't know, I feel this enhances a performance, and it is the kind of production that has a message directed clearly to the audience, and therefore directly involving them will help them to understand this.  When off cast I successfully mastered creating bubbly energy for the main cast actors, from experience I knew how tough it is to create an engaging scene when the ensemble is flat, specifically in The Heartbreak scene and at the Seven Seas of Rye Bar scene. Moments that stick out for me include in Crazy Little Thing Called Love, On cast I knew my lyrics and blocking very well and was as confident as I could be, meaning I could really let loose and have fun, which from looking back, really shows. I excelled in showing Brit's fun loving character and the meaning behind the well known and loved song. I also interacted well with my ensemble ad-libbing woops and improvised movements to each other across the stage, showing harmony and vast relationships throughout. As for my physical skills, Another One Bites The Dust was the most successful dance we had in the show. As a Yuppie I showed sass and order with a small group of dancers, creating gestures and falls and marching, to display Killer Queens high status with her power over us, and showing her anger towards Khashoggi at the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment