Friday 17 February 2017

Showreel


This is my performers showreel. I have selected these specific videos because I feel they show aspects of all of my performance disciplines, singing, dance and acting. I have started the video with my Rooster duet, from my A Level dance course, as it has a popular song accompanying it, and also has an active crowd as the opening audio. Another section from this video also end the reel, giving it a clean, well rounded feel, and a pleasant ending, alongside the ending to the dance. I have included Antigone, performed at the Brighton Open Air Theatre, to show performances in a different theatre, showing versatility. This is also a classical performance, displaying a range of performance skills and experience. Including Rent shows my singing abilities, I chose this specific section of the show as it includes my character acting through song, has a clear shot of me throughout and also includes my softer and louder, fuller singing. The clip from Our Country's Good shows my use of voice, specifically my accent. My character had a soft Irish accent, which again shows versatility, which is important to have in a showreel, as casting directors need to see everything upfront. I have put my contact email and Instagram in the opening shot, allowing anyone interested in me can access my information or get a further look into me as an actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment