Tuesday 29 November 2016

I Want It All & Radio Ga Ga

This lesson was our first time singing for We Will Rock You, we sang through I want It All first, although this is not a full ensemble song, we all sang it together. As I'm playing Brit, I sing this song anyway, so I got to practise my lines. At first I found it difficult to show determination instead of anger when singing, I wasn't very confident on the lyrics which stopped my focus a lot. For the chorus, we were struggling to develop our emotion in our voices so we sang to each other in two lines, being able to react and interact with the opposite person. This was really helpful because I felt less awkward when I could act on someone else's energy and bounce off it. For my final performances, I will think of this when I need to show these expressions by trying to bounce off of anyone else in the cast I can, or making eye contact with the audience, involving them more.
When singing through Radio Ga Ga, We worked on some harmonies, to enhance the robotic style of singing to fit the movement and meaning of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment